Thursday, 8 March 2007

Bouncing Babies



So my wife got me a USB turntable for christmas and I thought as well as converting my record collection it would be nice to share it. Most of it dates from the mid 70's to the mid 80's, so if that's your era keep visiting.

For no particular reason I have decided to start with Bouncing Babies, the 2nd single (I think) from The Teardrop Explodes. This single is from 1979 on the Zoo label and is a less slick version of the song featured on the on the excellent Kilimanjaro album, which you can buy here.

The Teardrop Explodes - Bouncing Babies MP3

I'm new to blogging so please leave a comment and let me know if you have download problems.

8 comments:

JC said...

Cracking first few posts. No problems downloading or, as you can see, offering comments.

Back in 1982. The Teardrop Explodes supported Queen at Ingliston in Edinburgh. Julian was in magnificent crowd-baiting form....

Mick said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement, JC.

Unfortunately I never got to see The Teardrop Explodes live. A Queen audience doesn't seem like their natural crowd. Must have given Julian plenty of scope for baiting.

Keep checking back and tell your friends.

Anonymous said...

Great to see the Bouncing Babies single, it has inspired me to raid my own vinyl box. I've found some good stuff- I was a big Bunnymen/Teardrops fan. I've also got the first single "Sleeping Gas", another excellent single with some great tracks "Camera Camera" and "Kirby workers dream fades". I saw them play at the "Bungalow bar in Paisley on the night Ian Curtis died. Julian announced it to a stunned audience.

Also found" Dalek I Love You" single "the world".That was a really exciting time for music and inspired me to form a band "All that Jazz"-after the Bunnymen song. aaah happy days......

Hugh

Mick said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Hugh. Believe me, when you go through your old vinyl collection you find all sorts of half forgotten gems.

I will be posting some Dalek I Love You in the future so keep in touch.

Stewart said...

Seems like a natural follow-up would be the Freshies' great single "I Can't Get Bouncing Babies By The Teardrop Explodes"!

Mick said...

Yes, not many records get their own tribute song. I only wish I had a copy.

Davy H said...

And didn't someone do another record called "I Can't Get 'I Can't Get Bouncing Babies By The Teardrop Explodes' By The Freshies"?? Splodgenessabounds or someone silly like that.

My first visit to your blog Mick - you got a good thing going on here.

Throttleback said...

Excellent Blog. Found you through the Vinyl Villain. I can't wait to see more.
Stop by www.septenary.blogspot.com