Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Back to basics

I’m going try a few days of vinyl rips to get this blog back on track. This is from the Farmer’s Boys 2nd album With These Hands which still isn’t available on CD unless you want to pay over £70 for a Japanese import. Their 1st album Get Out & Walk has finally been reissued (with bonus tracks) and is available at the usual outlets. I have to admit I’m only familiar with a couple of tracks but I’ll be investing in a copy soon.

On previous posts I’ve described their sound as a cross between the Monochrome Set and The Smiths. The Amazon reviewer also throws Orange Juice and the Human League into the mix and I can see what he means.

The Farmer’s Boys – All of a Sudden (1985)

9 comments:

Simon said...

I thought it was The Farmers Boys I liked, but it turns out I was mixing them up with The Higsons. Good track though!

Mick said...

The Boys are well worth investigating further. I think this link is still live. Coincidentally, Marmite Boy mentions The Higsons in the comments on that page. Is it a conspiracy? Did you steal my bongos?

dickvandyke said...

Atta boy, Michael.

Mick said...

Keep 'em peeled, Dick, I'm going for three days in a row!!!

Davy H said...

He'll never keep it up you know.

Davy H said...

Matron.

Mick said...

Arf!!

Darren said...

Sad that they never had that elusive hit single.

*Sigh* I guess the record buying public back in the day weren't prepared to accept two check shirted bands into their record collection.

It can be a small country sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I think this is on CD now, I think. Earlier this year, or so.