Thursday, 1 October 2009

We're climbing Jacobs ladder..

What better way to follow yesterdays post than this piece of pure pop magic from The Monochrome Set? All upbeat with sing-a-long verses and a faux gospel part – brilliant! Their best single and a nice picture sleeve too.

This more polished version is not the same mix as found on Compedium 75-95, The Good Life, Fin and Westminster Affair and as far as I know it’s not on any currently available CD.

The Monochrome Set – Jacobs Ladder (1984)

7 comments:

Jon said...

Great to see you posting!

Mick said...

Thanks Jon. I gave myself a kick up the ass (metaphorically speaking) and there will be another post tomorrow. Three days in a row for the first time in months.

Jon said...

I like that schedule!

drew said...

Great track, picked up the 12" single, mint for 2 quid about a year ago.
Good to see you posting again.

Mick said...

Thanks guys. Is that 12-inch version an extended mix, Drew?

Simon said...

I've not heard that for a long time. Wow. Great stuff!

drew said...

I don't think so Mick, comes in at 2 mins 55.