Saturday, 5 February 2011

New discovery

I recently discovered there is a record shop I didn’t know about just under 7.3 miles from my house (according to AA Route Planner) that’s been there for years. I took a trip over there yesterday afternoon and didn’t give myself anywhere near enough time for a good rummage before having to dash off and pick the kids up from school. I did, however, pick up a couple of 12-inch singles which will be featured here over the next few days.

The first is a collaboration between Vince Clarke (of Depeche Mode, Yazoo, The Assembly and Erasure) and Paul Quinn (of Bourgie Bourgie and several other bands/collaborations. See here for more information).

Somehow I missed this record in 1985 so these songs are new to me but this is just the sort of thing I hope to discover when I go record shopping.

Vince Clarke Paul Quinn - One Day extension (1985)

Vince Clarke Paul Quinn - Song For extension (1985)

The other groovy 12-inch single to be featured soon.

6 comments:

davyh said...

Liking the Kraftwerk Action Men on the cover; liking the record too, come to that. 7.3 miles...!

Mick said...

Even less as the crow flies. The next ones a good 'un too.

Anonymous said...

RARE SONEXCELLENT POST..¡¡greetings from southamerica uruguay-¡-MRDISCO-http://12inchraremaxis-mrnight.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

song..¡¡

dickvandyke said...

An overapology of a post

Mick said...

Yep! And I don't care!

Anon,
Hola from England. Like your blog!