Friday, 25 February 2011

The weekend starts here

Picked up a handful of classic disco era 12-inch singles from a charity shop a couple of weeks ago. This is exactly the sort of thing I hope to find in these shops because I bought very little of it at the time but really enjoy this stuff now. The pick of the bunch by a mile was Weekend by Phreek (or Patrick Adams Presents Phreek as the label has it). Information on Phreek is pretty scarce on the internet but this record is rightly regarded as a disco classic.

Of course, if you’re going to sit at your computer and listen to it it’s far too long at 8 minutes so I suggest you get up and boogie.

Phreek - Weekend (1978)

11 comments:

Kippers said...

I don't want to be a phreek but I can't help myself.

Good stuff!

Mick said...

None of us can.

davyh said...

Does your occasional series of extended disco classics build into a magnificent library my whole family will enjoy?

Mick said...

It will unless you own the copyright on the concept.

davyh said...

One might as well own the sky Michael, one might as well own the sky.

PS: rip off my catchphrases and you'll get a 'visit'.

davyh said...

PS: I would have been quite panty/out of breath if I had danced to that, even back in The Day.

Ooh, I said 'panty' - kyuuk kyuuk.

Mick said...

Me too but I would have blamed the asthma.

PS: my people will be in touch with your people re the catchphrase.

darkdance said...

Mick, did you recently fall or were you pushed out of an upper story window and land on your head? This contribution to your favourite charity shop does not astound us. With due respect to Davy H's whole family, of course. About which we really wonder....

Does Mrs. Mick know you are spending recklessly in the charities? Perhaps we shall tell her. The economy the way it is and you with the boys.... We despair as we disparage.

Mick said...

Don't worry it's just one post. I made another charity shop purchase yesterday that might be more up your street. Check back in a couple of days.

BrotheRay said...

If I remember rightly,you wouldn't have given this house-room in 1978...My God what has happened...

Remember 1978...Are We Not Men??

Mick said...

Well I think I alluded to that in the text. Conversely I can't stand some stuff I loved back then.

Still love Devo of course!