Friday, 23 November 2007

Felt like playing something different today…

While researching this record I found the following description on Casbah Records website: Eighties British soul/jazz group, first of two singles they cut. Featuring an easy grooving melody and slinky bossa rhythms on the classic title track. That sums it up very well, although it does slip slightly into Matt Bianco territory so no doubt I will get more abusive messages. The opening bars remind me of Weekend so maybe that will please those moody types.

I’m pretty sure I first heard this on Tony Blackburn’s old Radio London show. Not a hip name to drop but he did play some good soul.

mp3: Pressure Point - Mellow Moods (1985)




6 comments:

Davy H said...

I like it! Tony Blackburn on Radio London? Legendary!

Mick said...

Followed by Robbie Vincent's phone-in show. Did you ever hear that?

Davy H said...

Yikes. Dim and scattered memories...

It's funny - those guys were easy to take the piss out of, but they lived and breathed radio didn't they? Nowadays it seems populated by people who'd rather be on the telly. Or are.

It were all fields round 'ere when I were a lad.

Mick said...

I only mentioned it because there was a classic call when they were discussing football hooligans that has stayed with me for about 20 years. It went something like:
Caller: All these football hooligans and that, it’s like yer IRA, innit?
RV: How do you mean, exactly?
Caller: You know, all these football hooligans! It’s like yer IRA innit!
RV: Thank you, Einstein! Next caller…

So It Goes said...

Rather like the woman who got a crossed line on a Capital radio phone in I was listening to. When the DJ asked her to hang up, she said, 'Oh! How interesting!' and stayed on the line until he had to cut to a record...

Planet Mondo said...

It's like Acid Jazz five years early.
Tip top piece of crate digging