Wednesday, 7 November 2007

Happy Birthday


16 years ago today the number 1 single in the UK was ‘Dizzy’. I know this because I had just seen my first child born and I went out and bought it. I don’t see him as much as I would like these days due to circumstances (mostly) beyond my control but I don’t want to go there right now. The picture above was taken when life was simpler. I just needed to mark the occasion in some way. Blogging as therapy and all that, don’t you know…

mp3: Vic Reeves and The Wonderstuff - Dizzy

11 comments:

Crash Calloway said...

Amen to blogging as therapy. Take care, you and yours.
x

Davy H said...

Phew. There's a lot of it about this week.

Cute picture.

Mick said...

Thanks guys. This was a slightly alcohol fueled post.

Davy H said...

Is there any other kind?

THE VINYL DISTRICT said...

...er, caffeine?

Crash Calloway said...

Misery? Hope?

iamnotthebeatles said...

I saw The Wonder Stuff live more than was probably good for my health. They just seemed to be playing wherever I went in my youth, it was weird.

Ian TB
x

Mick said...

Jon,
Due to the time difference by the time I received your message I'd had the black coffee and was looking forward to some more beer :)
Crash,
Definitely hope.
Ian,
Amazingly, this is my only Wonder Stuff CD

So It Goes said...

Touching stuff, Michael. I haven't seen my own son for over a year, as he lives with his grandparents in England, so I know how you feel.

Mick said...

Wow, that is rough, Steve.

As Crash so eloquently put it: when we're blogging "we're quite self-consciously talking to each other, giving a little of ourselves away and getting to know a little more of everyone else"

dickvandyke said...

Here here.