Friday, 13 May 2011

Request (again)

I posted this last night but Blogger went offline for maintenance purposes and it disappeared. Fortunately I had a back-up.

I may not be the fastest blogger in the west but I get there in the end. These two are for Kaggsy who requested them way back in April when I posted another song from the same LP.

There’s not a lot of information on the web about Eddie Maelov & Sunshine Patterson. They were previously in Gloria Mundi and…that’s about it. Couldn’t find a decent picture either.

As with a lot of their contemporaries there seems to be a Velvet Underground influence at work on these songs.

Eddie Maelov & Sunshine - Patterson Man For Sale (1981)
Eddie Maelov & Sunshine - Patterson Echo (1981)

Both from Fools Rush In Where Angels Dare To Tread recorded live at Cabaret Futura in spring 1981.

At least before it vanished Kaggsy downloaded the songs and sent thanks.

3 comments:

Kaggsy said...

Yeah, I did and thanks again - see what you mean about the Velvets vibe!

Many, many thanks!

Mick said...

You're most welcome. Glad you enjoyed them.

darkdance said...

I rather like the songs, as well, if that is permitted. I vaguely remember that Gloria Mundi along with Eddie and Sunshine that followed had quite a few singles and a few LP's that were the sort of fare we vinyl junkies liked back then. So perhaps in future you should post some of their studio recordings if you have any of them. Not sure what became of Eddie, but Sunshine (Patteson) is apparently still alive and active.