Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Mick Green (22 February 1944 - 11 January 2010)

A national treasure died on Monday 11th January 2010 and I only found out because of my morbid habit of occasionally checking recent deaths on Wikipedia. I’m talking about Mick Green who has influenced countless guitar players for over 40 years. I wrote about The Pirates here about 18-months ago. The only thing I can add to that post is when they played at our college they were ‘old’, this being at the height of punk, but now 65 seems way too young to die.

The Pirates – Going Back Home

1 comment:

BrotheRay said...

It's a sad day. Mick Green has straddled the British music scene for five decades. Not a household name, but a National Treasure. Let's face it he's what all us wannabee record collectors wanted to be.