Friday, 17 September 2010

Friday


Five posts in five days and all from the same box. I haven’t managed that in a long time. This record is the sort of obscure indie post punk stuff this blog was built on before I started neglecting it. The only reason I haven’t featured it before is I was going to link it to a ZigZag article about Wasted Youth that I found, but of course that would require time and effort so it was put on hold indefinitely. If you liked the gloomy stuff from my blogs classic period you should like this.

The band line-up is:
Ken Scott (vocals & guitar)
Rocco Barker (guitar)
Nick Nicole (synth)
Darren Murphy (bass)
Andy Scott (drums)

This single was released on Bridgehouse Records which, according to Wikipedia, was a label set up by the bass player's father in the pub he owned in Canning Town.

Side A: Wasted Youth - I’ll Remember You (1980)

Side B: Wasted Youth - My Friends Are Dead (1980)

Produced by Peter Perrett of The Only Ones fame.

12 comments:

davy h said...

'My blogs classic period' - arf!

Mick said...

Ooh, that hurt! I'm very sensitive you know.

darkdance said...

'My blog's classic period' is no doubt what you meant - you mislaid an apostrophe....

I suspect you bought this record for the naughty picture sleeve. I can’t decide if I like the songs, but the band is definitely more interesting than the more famous Los Angeles hardcore group that used the same name (not to mention at least three later bands that also used the same name).

Sorry I missed the numbers game a couple days ago. Great idea, but it's a busy time of year out here in the country. If you do the game again, please put me down in absentia for 51.

Mick said...

Ah, the missing apostrophe! Like I give a shit. Read any discussion on a message board and it always degenerates to “your opinion is worthless because you missed an apostrophe” and “yeah, well you’re retarded because you can’t spell” etc.

Anyway, welcome back Darkdance. Sorry to hear it’s busy over there. We’ve got some dude in medieval clothes running around our country telling us atheists are Nazis. Aren’t you glad you don’t have religious nutters in the US? ;)

I’ll post number 51 for you later.

P.S. I bet the LA hardcore group didn’t have nice floppy fringes like these chaps.

darkdance said...

Of course, I don't think you're retarded. I was just trying to give you a nice save from davy's arf.

No floppy fringes on the L.A. harders that I can recall. But I still have something of a floppy fringe. Never grow up is my motto. One of them....

Looking forward to 51 to win. The big day is actually a month off so take your time. Kindly add or subtract one if, on the first go, I draw a prog rock or pub rock.

darkdance said...

Hmmm. Stony silence. As I'm wondering about your local nutter. It has been quite a long time since we’ve heard from Bro Ray. Could there be a connection?....

BTW, hereabouts, the nutters don't bother with charming theatrics but rather simply stand for political office. Of late, many of them have been winning.

BrotheRay said...

I recently sold a Johnny Rivers CD for £22,I consider this a miracle...will I be made a saint.

Bibi said...

Congratulations! I know you don't know me, but by chance, your blog has been awarded... see here: http://waitisthatmeagain.blogspot.com/2010/09/awards.html
Love, Bibi

davy h said...

They're obviously not that fussy about punctuation...

Mick said...

They're not fussy about music either so you blog's in with a shout.

Mick said...

I proof read that comment before posting but somehow it says 'you blog' instead of 'your blog'.

In my defence I have just finished my 6th can of Bud...

(and of coarse it should of bin 'you're blog')

Movies on my Mind said...

You guys should check my blog out if you like music.