Monday, 27 December 2010

Another fine singer gone..

I got a DMCA takedown notice for my Dec 14th post about the sad death of Woolly Wolstenholme. Apparently posting a 38-year old song to a select group of people, most of whom had never heard of him, is a big no no even though the response was very positive. Well today I read of the passing of Teena Marie. I don’t know a lot about Teena but some of her songs have found her way into my collection including her biggest UK hit ‘Behind The Groove’. I’m going to risk the wrath of DMCA and share the 12-inch version of that song. Most of you probably already have it. Those of you who haven’t need to hear this and investigate further. That’s how blogging is supposed to work. I know I like most of you have bought more music because of blogs. Maybe those guys will get it one day.

Teena Marie - Behind the Groove [12' Version] (1980)

6 comments:

BrotheRay said...

Great track,there could be no better tribute.
I hear that Captain Beefheart also left us in mid December.

Mick said...

Well for the most part I found Captain Beefheart's 'music' to be unlistenable shit but there's a truly great song here.

BrotheRay said...

Yeah,certainly one of his finer moments.Can't say the likes of Zappa and Beefheart did it for me either.But I defend their right to display their art.
Very Sixties!!!!!

davy h said...

God I haven't heard this in years. Wish there'd been a happier reason to revive it.

HNY to you, Mrs Mick (x) and the Micklets x

Mick said...

Thank you Mr H. The CD it came from is great value.

Anonymous said...

Didn't know Teena Marie... And you're right about blogging, maybe two thirds of the music I'm buying today (and a lot more that I regret for not having bought) is because of blogs. Thanks!