Thursday, 19 April 2007

Hey! Elastica

I’ve been neglecting my blogging duties but I hope to be back on track by the weekend. To keep you going til then here’s a 1984 single from Edinburgh band Hey! Elastica.

I remember seeing this on a Saturday morning kids TV show, still half asleep and probably hung over, and buying it that afternoon. Since then my opinion of it has changed several times - depending on my mood I find it infectious or bloody irritating. Today I Like it.

Make up your own mind and if you want to buy Hey! Elastica stuff your best bet is probably Ebay.

mp3:Hey! Elastica -This Town

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good, but don't you have any Devo? Any band from Akron, Ohio is OK by me. I think it's the rubber.

JC said...

You're a star!!!

I've previously posted the two 12" singles that I've goton vinyl (Eat Your Heart Out & Suck A Little Honey)and been after this for quite a while. You wouldn't have Party Games by any chance?????

Mick said...

Ian (anonymous)

Y'see a misspent youth listening to Devo can prove useful in a pub quiz.


JC

Glad you enjoyed this one. Unfortunately, it's the only Hey! Elastica record I have.

Lorne said...

Hey! Elastica album...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LQDPH9JY

It's a zipped RAR file.

Mick said...

Thanks for the link, Lorne.

Pygar said...

Seems to be no Hey Elastica on CD that I can find. But, I'll be posting a couple of pop videos of theirs on YouTube.

Anonymous said...

Lorne, thanks SO much, you have made an 80s man-fan so very happy!!!
;-)
Can I offer you something in return? x
piersaashiq(-removethisbit-)@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

there used to be a live performance of Suck a little honey on youtube but this has dissapeared which is a shame.

Anonymous said...

there used to be a live performance of Suck a little honey on youtube but this has dissapeared which is a shame.

djethell said...

Yowser! I've been after this for years and then forget all about. I just came across this today. I'm happy! Thanks, D x

Pete said...

Bought this out of a bargain bucket with about 20 other 7"s 1hit or non hit wonders.All my vinyl had to be abandoned in my move abroad about 15 years ago Always liked it, good to hear it again. Now, if I could just remember some of the others......

Anonymous said...

this is now on iTunes, last.fm, Spotify, Napster etc.