Tuesday, 22 January 2008

I’ve got a new toy…Have some more B-Movie…


I’ve just taken delivery of a cassette deck bought for £10 (including delivery) from Ebay. Seems to work fine.

This is the first thing I’ve converted from tape to mp3:

mp3: B-Movie - Welcome To The Shrink (1981)

This (I think) is from their John Peel session recorded on 31st March 1981 and broadcast on 7th April 1981. I also think it’s a second generation copy because it fades out early. If memory serves I ran out of tape before the song finished so I "dubbed" it onto another tape and faded just before the break. I don’t think I missed much but it was 27 years ago…

4 comments:

The Vinyl District said...

Any tips on the tape--to-->Mp3 conversion?

Mick said...

Yes. I’m using the Numark USB turntable which is pretty much the same as yours.

First I tried connecting the tape deck’s Line Out to the turntable (via dual RCA to stereo jack cable) and the signal wasn’t strong enough. Very weak and tinny.

The way I did it was Tape Deck Line Out to Amplifier Tape Input and Amplifier Pre-Amp Output to USB turntable. This worked well but not all amps have a pre-amp output.

One thing I haven’t tried is headphone output to USB turntable but I think it could work.

Davy H said...

Shoot. You guys are putting me off this.

I Am Not The Beatles said...

If in doubt get an imic. For the equivalent of 20 squids :

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic