Tuesday, 29 January 2008

More tape rummaging...

I was so impressed with Davy’s Lettraset work on his tape in this post I thought I would share one of my efforts. I borrowed and taped a copy of Killing Joke’s first album (apparently mistaking the Malicious Damage label name for the album title) and attempted to copy the albums graphics when writing the tracklist. Judge for yourself how good my effort was (see below).

I never did buy the album - home taping was killing music, you know.

mp3: Killing Joke - Wardance (Buy)





The next post will be an old record, I promise.

6 comments:

JC said...

oh dear....the men in the white coats have been alerted.....

Mick said...

I probably deserved that...
Actually, lose the 'probably'. I seem to recall being quite pleased with it at the time...

Davy H said...

I like that your handwritten rendition of the title of track 4 side 1 looks like 'blogspott' - how spookily prescient...

Mick said...

It is a bit spooky, isn't it?

So It Goes said...

Spanking track, Mick, one of their finest (if you don't count the 12 inch of Love Like Blood).

Mick said...

And I know, Steve, you will be interested to hear that all of side B of that C90 was recorded from the John Peel show. The Siouxsie songs are all session tracks, with Peelie edited out via the pause button of course. The titles in green are records. Presumably, this is where I first heard Remembrance Day, which I posted some time ago.