Thursday, 24 April 2008

I knew it all along...

A combination of a hectic week and a loss of mojo have combined to stop me posting this week but I’ve been spurred back into action by Planet Mondo. He ran a little name that tune quiz and I didn’t get two that I actually own. One of them was by Gina X, so that gives me the excuse to feature both sides of this double-A single from 1981 and gives me something to write about, because I don’t know anything about Gina except she appeared on Fashion’s Love Shadow which was also produced by Zeus B Held. This cost me 10p from a little shop in Crowthorne having a closing down sale back in 1981. How come I remember pointless information like that but often find myself wondering what I went to the kitchen for?

mp3: Gina X - No G.D.M. (Dedicated To Quentin Crisp) (1981)
mp3: Gina X - I.C. Code (1981)


6 comments:

Davy H said...

You remember pointless information like that but forget why you went into the kitchen because you are, of course, an Old Git - and yes, I know it takes one to know one.

Sorry to hear about your lost mojo though.

Mick said...

Mojo coming back. Still an old git. The equilibrium has been restored.

Davy H said...

Thank Todd.

Ophir Zemer said...

Thanks for posting this, mick. Surprisingly this was never a big hit here - despite being one of very few songs that mention my home town ('Tel Aviv had a sniff')

Mick said...

Even over here it was more of a 'club hit'.

darkdance said...

OMG, you must really live in the rural parts. No G.D.M. (aka No God Damned Men) was a HUGE HUGE HUGE hit in the late '70's Eurodisco gay clubs. Don't you know about Quentin Crisp? Fascinating story. As for me, who's proper upbringing precludes any discussion in re my or your mojo, Gina X along with Danielle Dax are the two women with whom I've always wanted to have lunch. Individually or together or upon either way.

Mick and Davy, check out later Gina with Zeus covering Brigette Bardot's Harley Davidson and The Beatle's Drive My Car. Tough stuff. Will fix your blasted mojos and you won't care anymore about why you're in the 'fn kitchen!