Friday, 25 April 2008

Modern Eon


This is weird, I bought this record back in 1981 and put it in what can best describe as my 2nd division box which featured stuff that I thought was OK but I was unlikely to investigate further. This turns out to be a good box for re-discovering old records. I remember thinking at the time this wasn’t ‘electronic’ enough but listening to it now it sounds like a bloody good early 80s record with a hint of Teardrop Explodes and Joy Division in the music, although the singer is the antithesis of Ian Curtis. Nice gatefold sleeve too.

mp3: Modern Eon - Euthenics (1981)

8 comments:

JC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JC said...

now this is taking obscure to the limit....

good on yer.

Mick said...

This is the Dindisc version. There's also an earlier version on Inevitable Records in a red sleeve which I've never heard and I think is rarer.

Davy H said...

It's very good. I've got it.

Mick said...

You got the red one? Is it very different? Sounds like a good post for the future...

Davy H said...

I'm joshing you. I've never heard this in my life.

You've made me feel bad now, you were so excited. Sorry.

I like it though. If that helps?

Mick said...

Right! First there was the "you are, of course, an Old Git" comment, now this. Your name is now on The List!

Davy H said...

Oops.