Friday, 27 June 2008

It's so high...

Just because I don’t post as often as I would like don’t for one minute imagine I’ve run out of old synthpop records. This reached #50 in the summer of 1983.

Matt Fretton supported Eurythmics, Depeche Mode & The Boomtown Rats, released four singles and recorded an unreleased album in the 80s. I loved this at the time so it’s odd that I don’t remember seeing or hearing any of the follow ups. You can hear more at his myspace page.

mp3: Matt Fretton - It's So High (1983)

4 comments:

Planet Mondo said...

Been waiting years to hear this tune - Matt Fretton made the cover of Smash Hits once didn't he?

Do you remember Robert Marlow - 'The Face of Dorian Gray' - he helps out on bass now for a punk covers band that play round my way called Swindle

Mick said...

I’ve been meaning to post it since I started this blog but I always thought it deserved a good write-up and I never seemed to have time. In the end I just decided go with it last Friday.

I do remember Robert Marlow. I can’t imagine why I haven’t got that record because it’s exactly the sort of thing I used to buy.

Have you heard the Zeke Manyika track on my OffBEAT post? Don’t know why exactly but when I posted it I thought Planet Mondo will like that one. (You may already have it of course)

Planet Mondo said...

Just grabbed it - it's quite 'My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' isn't it top tune - can't understand why I haven't heard it before.

Mick said...

Never thought of it that way buy you're rigth. I think it's the samples and general African-ness that does it.