Thursday, 5 June 2008

Just post something…


I keep complaining I haven’t got time for blogging but in reality I’ve just slipped into a can’t be bothered mind set. To get out of this malaise I hereby commit myself to posting something (anything) for at least the next three days to try and rekindle my enthusiasm.

First up, how about some classic jangly melodic new wave power pop punk?

mp3: Manufactured Romance - Time Of My Life (1980)

Nina Spencer Vocals
Nick Medlin Bass
Mark Chapman Guitar
Bob Moore Guitar
Benny Di Massa Drums

6 comments:

The Vinyl District said...

I really like this...reminds me of The Vapors in a way...

Mick said...

I was going to compare it to Penetration but beyond being new wave with a female singer the comparison didn't really hold up. Glad you like it. I always think of this as one of those 'what's not to like' records.

jeff said...

heard heard this un', thank you.

Davy H said...

Can def hear the Pauline Murray influence. But I suppose you had to sing like that in 1979/80.

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

A Fucking classic!

Egg Foo Yung said...

This is pure quality, a band I managed to see a few times back then, shame they never released an album. The other side is good as well .....