Tuesday, 5 June 2007

Did you miss me?




I’m back and fully chilled after a week away so what’s been happening while I’ve been gone? I’ve spent the last couple of days catching up with some of my favourite blogs and Teenage Kicks is going from strength to strength but the rest of the world’s gone mad. Davy H seems to have started something with his Toto post. Now the Tutu Vicar is posting Asia and the Alan Parsons Project. Guy’s, I’ve got something worse that I genuinely used to like but I’m not going to spoil my first post in over a week – just be afraid, it’s only a few days away.



Meanwhile, JC is blogging whilst on holiday!! The idea of even suggesting that to my other half fills me with dread, hence my enforced silence.


I’ve got a treat for you today – a song I always associate with hangovers and Mike Read. Readers of a certain age in the UK will remember he was the Radio One breakfast DJ in the early eighties. I remember hearing this song several times in a semi-conscious state and never catching the name of the band. Eventually I found out it was Today (or possibly Today Today) by Cowboys International. To this day I haven’t managed to get a copy of it. What I do have is a re-recorded version that was given away as a bonus single with Cowboys International main man Ken Lockie’s solo album The Impossible and it’s a classic piece of new wave pop with kitchen sink production – strings, a harp, brass, harmonies etc all supporting the catchiest melody you’re likely to hear this year. From memory it sounds pretty much like the original. If you haven’t heard it before it reminds me of the Lightning Seeds. Oh, and it’s a great summer song too.








3 comments:

Davy H said...

Hmm well, yes, OK. But you said you had something to post. "My No 1 lost classic from the 80's....it's from 1984 and reached 59 in the UK chart. That's all you're getting for now".

Is this it? No. C'mon Mick, do the right thing. Reveal all x

Mick said...

Well, I was about to scan my Toto picture disc and post Hold The Line but just for you I will make my next post my No 1 lost classic from the 80's. I'm sure you've already figured out what it is from my clue anyway.

Davy H said...

Nope. Clueless and waiting...