Sunday, 7 February 2010

Clearing my head with The Quads...

I had beer for the first time in two weeks last night and as a consequence woke up feeling a bit groggy this morning. Ironically blasting this out of the speakers seemed to help with the healing process.

Don’t know much about The Quads except this was the first of five singles released between 1979 and 1982 and the only one to trouble the UK chart, peaking at #66. An energetic live performance, I recommend this if you like late 70's new wave/mod tunes.

In 2001 John Peel listed it as one of his all-time favourite records.

The Quads – There Must Be Thousands (1979)

Play LOUD!

3 comments:

Marktech said...

I well remember John Peel playing this, and I occasionally wondered whatever happened to... Many thanks for this!

Helpless Dancer said...

Great track one of my all time favourites.

Helpless Dancer

Mick said...

Glad this ones going down well. I had to search my own blog because I was sure I'd already posted it