Wednesday, 14 March 2007

A Lost Synthpop Classic




With so many synthpop records being released in the early 80’s it was inevitable that some good ones would slip through the net and not get the acclaim they deserved. For example, Is There A Reason by The Mood, from 1981.

In their short life span they released five singles and no albums. I’ve been championing this one as a lost classic for over 25 years now and most people I’ve played it to agree, apart from those who have an aversion to the genre. If you’ve ever liked synthpop give this a listen.

You can find out a little bit more about The Mood on this wikipedia entry.

The Mood - Is There A Reason (12-inch version)

4 comments:

JC said...

I like to think I can remember most of the 80s, but this was something new to me.

Thomas Dolby, Flock of Seagulls, OMD were all in there. A reasonably enjoyable enough 5 and a bit minutes

Mick said...

JC,

Agreed. I considered comparing it to A Flock Of Seagulls but thought that may put some people off.

Anonymous said...

Too bad the link is dead :(

Mick said...

I'll fix the link when I can find time, anon. Try again in 24 hours....