Saturday, 24 March 2007

Pop with attitude

Before I started my research the only thing I could remember about the Mo-dettes was that one of them, Jane the bassist, was once married to Woody from Madness.

I can now tell you they formed in London in 1979 and disbanded in 1982, released six singles and one album: “The Story So Far”. They are often described as an all girl punk band, which may be true but I have only heard this single from 1981, which I would describe as pop with attitude.

For more information look here.

For a John Peel session look here.

The line-up on this single is:
Ramona Carlier – Vocals (She’s from Switzerland, hence the wonderful spoken french in the middle of the song)
Kate Korus – Guitar
Jane Crockford – Bass (Who apparently once shared a flat with Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten)
June Miles-Kingston - Drums

MP3: The Mo-dettes - Tonight

2 comments:

JC said...

And Ms Miles-Kingston would go on to drum with a number of 80s combos, not least The Communards with who she enjoyed much success.

I had forgotten all about this . Thanks

Left Lib said...

I bought this single. I thought it was fantastic and I was amazed it only got to 68 in the charts.
Good to see it is on YouTube, I have listened to it over and over again!