Tuesday, 22 May 2007

Without a f***ing care




I haven’t blogged since last Thursday so let’s get the apologies out of the way first. I’ve been busy with routine family stuff and preparing for a short holiday next week. I’m hoping to do a couple of posts this week but I’m pushed for time so don’t expect expansive prose. If there’s enough bandwidth left I will leave you some treats on Friday to last you all the following week.

Today for the first time I will feature both sides of a single. Pull To Bits, the b-side of Siouxsie & The Banshees’ 1979 Playground Twist single, compliments the A-side perfectly. I considered posting it as a classic b-side but the songs deserve to be heard together. Playground Twist is a nice digital copy from the Once Upon A Time CD. Pull to Bits is a vinyl rip from the original single. Remember this is Siouxsie & the Banshees so don’t expect a barrel of laughs.
Buy Siouxsie stuff here

2 comments:

So It Goes said...

Thanks for this, Mick, I have never heard this: by the time this came out, I had moved on, and regrettably missed out on the single. More power to you!

Mick said...

Glad you liked it. The two songs work well together - a concept single, if you will.