Do you remember the ‘crap’ box I mentioned in this post? Well, this is a record I placed in there on purpose – an experiment that didn’t work out. Looking at it in the box all I could remember was it was vaguely like Pigbag, so I decided to rip it and see if it deserved its place in the box of records I had so little regard for that I left them in a dark, dusty corner of my garage for several years. I have to say it still sounds all wrong to these ears but I decided to post it anyway because Rip, Rig & Panic do have a certain cult status and I’m sure many of you will appreciate this.mp3: Rip Rig & Panic - Bob Hope Takes Risks (1981)
5 comments:
Thanks for this. Like you I found Rip Rig and Panic because of Pigbag. Unlike you I stayed and loved them. However, their records went in the "great Marriage purge" (I know a lot of you will know what I'm talking about!)so it was great to hear them again. I think I need to do some ferreting to see what else I can turn up elsewhere on the interwebby
Float Up CP - who were the next incarnation of RRP - did a particular favourite tune of mine Joys Address. And we have that whole time to thank for Neneh Cherry. MMMM. Neneh....
Wasn't this band on an episode of The Young Ones?
Episode 5 Series 1 "Interesting" the one where they have party - RR&P played "you're my kind of climate".
Both Pigbag and RR&P were based in Bristol and had ex-members of The Pop Group in the line up, which is why they sound similar. The third ex-PG band was Maximum Joy, guess what they sounded like .....
I'll give the track a listen as Rip, Rig & Panic are known for their unique sound.
Post a Comment