Thursday, 20 March 2008

Controversial?

Do you remember the ‘crap’ box I mentioned in this post? Well, this is a record I placed in there on purpose – an experiment that didn’t work out. Looking at it in the box all I could remember was it was vaguely like Pigbag, so I decided to rip it and see if it deserved its place in the box of records I had so little regard for that I left them in a dark, dusty corner of my garage for several years. I have to say it still sounds all wrong to these ears but I decided to post it anyway because Rip, Rig & Panic do have a certain cult status and I’m sure many of you will appreciate this.

mp3: Rip Rig & Panic - Bob Hope Takes Risks (1981)

4 comments:

Peewit said...

Thanks for this. Like you I found Rip Rig and Panic because of Pigbag. Unlike you I stayed and loved them. However, their records went in the "great Marriage purge" (I know a lot of you will know what I'm talking about!)so it was great to hear them again. I think I need to do some ferreting to see what else I can turn up elsewhere on the interwebby

Simon said...

Float Up CP - who were the next incarnation of RRP - did a particular favourite tune of mine Joys Address. And we have that whole time to thank for Neneh Cherry. MMMM. Neneh....

Tall J said...

Wasn't this band on an episode of The Young Ones?

Dagenham Max said...

Episode 5 Series 1 "Interesting" the one where they have party - RR&P played "you're my kind of climate".

Both Pigbag and RR&P were based in Bristol and had ex-members of The Pop Group in the line up, which is why they sound similar. The third ex-PG band was Maximum Joy, guess what they sounded like .....