Friday, 22 February 2008

Genocide EP (side one)




This is one of those posts that won’t get so many hits but I’m likely to get “I’ve been looking for this for ages” messages which I always enjoy.

As gloomy minimalist synth tunes go these take some beating. I guess if a band calls itself Genocide you shouldn’t expect a barrel of laughs. That’s not to say I don’t like them. Images Of Delusion in particular I find very compelling. These are from a four track EP which is over 18 minutes long. My original intention was to post all four tracks but after ripping side one I couldn’t face the rest. If there’s demand for it maybe I’ll rip side two someday. I would love to give you more info about Genocide but several Google sessions have revealed nothing. All I have is the band line-up as listed on the sleeve:

Greg Jung Synthesizers, Vocals, Treatments
Teoman Irmak Electronic Percussion, Treatments
Mark Schiller Electronic Percussion, Treatments

mp3: Genocide - Images Of Delusion (1979)
mp3: Genocide - Pre Set Future (1979)
There’s no date on the record but according to my increasingly unreliable memory this EP was released in 1979. I can’t help wondering what kind of teenager buys this sort of thing? Whatever you might think I can assure you I was perfectly happy at the time.

15 comments:

Davy H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Davy H said...

Cripes, this lot are scary. Do you think this is the same Teoman Irmak?

Mick said...

It has to be, doesn't it? How many Teoman Irmaks can ther be? And if you read the biography he's a computer geek. I reckon he's the one on the left on the back cover.

Mick said...

I assumed it was a made up name...

Davy H said...

Looked like it to me. Tee hee.

JC said...

Never heard of this lot....and not sure if I want to given what you've written about them.

But here goes....a comment as I listen to something for the first time.

'Tell Me When The rats Will Go Away?' Creepy start....

Sounds like Tubeway Army crossed with a really surly, moody art student...the type who no one, you know, really understands.

Mick said...

It's definitely of it's era, a museum piece even. Davy got it about right with 'scary'. You'll have noticed I've got a soft spot for this stuff...

oldskool said...

Please please please do post the other two tracks! Track one is well-known among minimal synth lovers, but not the other three. I am sure you will make many people happy! Especially me : )

Mick said...

I can't resist a request. Expect side 2 (quite) soon.

Anonymous said...

I second the request for the rest of the tracks. It would be amazing to have them.

thank you!!!

Matt said...

When I saw the cover had to wonder if their name was a deliberate subversion of the name Genesis. And the lettering looked familiar so I did a little research. Compare the lettering of Genocide to the album cover for "And Then There Were Three..." which came out in 1978:
http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=431355

Doesn't necessarily mean the name was chosen for that reason, perhaps it was a joke they came up with for the EP sleeve, but it is suggestive.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Mick said...

It does look too similar to the Genesis logo to be a coincidence, doesn't it.

Anonymous said...

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=xNtD9C7XURQ

FASHION BLOG said...

Put on her let men kissing your feet..Christian Louboutin outlet Is his red sole let men kiss a woman's desire for Christian Louboutin the feet, is a complete and let high-heeled shoes produced does having a emotional ties. He is too famous, his design besides sexy or sexy, sexy, so that the post-modern throughout New York woman all want to have this double that of France in the red shoes. Christian Louboutin's 2011 springsummer shoes series very awe. Contains a elegant high shoes, shoe with shallow mouth with diamond tiara the low-heeled shoes, and beautiful and lovely wedges shoes. Part of these shoes are made out of leather, but mostly GongDuan fabrics with fashionable suede leather and make them. Application of many, including from gorgeous color of black, to green and lively red, yellow, and lavender. In Saks Fifth Avenue Saks Fifth Avenue, high-quality goods stores (a specifically for shoes and the awards ceremony held on the 2011 annual announced the birth of the most sexy shoes, it is worthy of mention bhutto, Chris robust Christian Louboutin) (crystal decoration yuzui red bottom high-heeled shoes! To obtain the most sexy Christian Louboutin shoes get title crystal decoration yuzui Christian Louboutin heels, red bottom red shoes charm early I don't have said, no woman stand red shoes temptation.Christian Louboutin Slingbacks This section has been women as heart good shoes recently also finally got in NO. 1 heels reputation.

Kev said...

I bought this 7" in a plain sleeve in 1991, and it fucking haunted me always