Friday, 15 February 2008

Let’s hear it for the live b-side part 2 (and introducing the double single pack)






These three live China Crisis songs are from the You Did Cut Me double single pack. They were recorded at the Liverpool Empire on 19th May 1985. They are all good versions with Christian being particularly lovely.

mp3: China Crisis - You Did Cut Me (Live) (1985)
mp3: China Crisis - Christian (Live) (1985)
mp3: China Crisis - Seven Sports For All (Live) (1985)

Buy China Crisis here. I was particularly impressed with the person who reviewed the Warped By Success CD. He says: “I am a big China Crisis album, and I rate this very highly”. I know what he means…

9 comments:

Davy H said...

It's a strange and lovely thing that twenty-plus years on China Crisis sound quite so good, and I am liking them quite so much.

'Thanks very much Liverpooool'.

Mick said...

I had something else planned for today but as soon as I played one of these I changed my plan.

The Vinyl District said...

Great pick, Mick!

Mick said...

It was your Christian post that gave me the kick up the butt I needed and made me convert these to mp3. More China Crisis to come in the future...

The Vinyl District said...

I'm listening to YOUR Christian post as I type this...

EuropeCrazy said...

My favourite China Crisis song was "African and White", this was out before they ever had a hit single and it was great. Anyone else heard that one?

The Vinyl District said...

Indeed! Have the LP it appears on and JUST got the 12" version oddly enough. Will post soon over at TVD.

Mick said...

I was about to leave a reply for europecrazy saying I will be posting the 12" of African and White but it seems I was too slow off the mark. I'll leave that one to you Jon and find something else to post.

The Vinyl District said...

Go for it Mick. I have the audacity to still be learning Audacity, so your post will be far timlier...